Monday, February 29, 2016

Importance of Anchor Charts or Guidance Charts

Importance of Anchor Charts or Guidance Charts
When trading you always want to know the short term trend and the long term trend. It doesn't make sense to try and short a stock that is in a downward trend on a 1min time frame but is in an uptrend on a 5 minute time frame.
So i usually will have multiple time frames open when I scan and when I trade. I want to know if the short time frame agrees with the longer time frame and vice versa.
I usually stack a 2min chart above a 5min chart or I have found that the 3 minute chart works nice with the 10min chart.
But for most percent losers under 10 dollars they move very fast very fast. So to really get the best entries I use a 1min chart and will stack a 5min chart below it to confirm that they are in agreement.
In the chart below both the 1min and 5min charts agree at the market open and are both red in the TTM trend.


No comments:

Post a Comment