Monday, February 29, 2016

How I find my stocks to trade. My scanner setup

I primarily use two scanners to find my stocks to trade (biggest losers & earnings losers). I set the parameters to find stocks between the price of $1-35 a share that have traded over 100,000 in volume. I have also added the ttm squeeze to the scan  and wrote a custom code to show a color vs a number to help me visualize and pinpoint which stocks have the strongest downtrend across multiple time frames as the market opens.

Biggest Percent Losers

Earnings Losers 

Here is the custom code for the Thinkscript editor to change the TTM squeeze values into a color:
input price = CLOSE;
input length = 20;
input nK = 1.5;
input nBB = 2.0;
input alertLine = 1.0;

def squeezeHistogram = TTM_Squeeze(price, length, nK, nBB, alertLine).Histogram;

plot hist = if squeezeHistogram>= 0 then 
    if squeezeHistogram> squeezeHistogram[1] then 2 else 1
    else if squeezeHistogram < squeezeHistogram[1] then -2 else -1;

assignBackgroundColor(if squeezeHistogram >= 0 then 
    if squeezeHistogram > squeezeHistogram[1] then color.CYAN else color.BLUE
    else if squeezeHistogram < squeezeHistogram[1] then color.RED else color.YELLOW);

hist.assignvaluecolor(if squeezeHistogram >= 0 then 
    if squeezeHistogram > squeezeHistogram[1] then color.CYAN else color.BLUE
    else if squeezeHistogram < squeezeHistogram[1] then color.RED else color.YELLOW);

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like to ask you a question on the scan setup, is there a way to email you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete