Thursday, May 26, 2016

Trend Trading long term portfolio strategy


What is a trend in trading?
A trading strategy that attempts to capture gains through the analysis of an asset's momentum in a particular direction. The trend trader enters into a long position when a stock is trending upward (successively higher highs).

I am starting a long term portfolio utilizing 3x index funds that mirror the Nasdaq and Russell.
I will be going both long and short on my trades. I am looking to ride the trend for 1-3 months or longer while reducing my risk and increasing my wealth.
I plan on pyramiding my position size by scaling into my trades once they are profitable. Usually after one week I will add only if I am showing a profit. Never average down and will use a stop loss of 18%.
I will be locking in half of my position once I feel the trend starts to slow.
I will be using TQQQ, TNA for long and SQQQ, TZA for shorting the indexes.
I am starting with $100,000 USD working capital.

2 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing some of your chart settings and/or scanners as a thinkshare link? It would be extremely helpful and would greatly appreciate it. All the best Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete